Wednesday, June 16, 2010

For Ages 8+

The Doll People
By: Ann M. Martin & Laura Godwin
256 Pages
Summary:
Annabelle Doll has been an 8 year old doll for 100 years and, along with her family, has been passed down from one daughter to another. But for 47 of those 100 years Annabelle's Aunt Sarah has been missing. What happened to her? Where is she? When Annabelle finds her Aunt's journal she decides she wants the answers to these questions. Enlisting her new friend, Tiffany, the two are on a mission to find Aunt Sarah! They risk getting whisked away by a cat named The Captain and a thing called Doll State, but they are determined to find Aunt Sarah and bring her home.

The concept of this book is adorable. The cover caught my eye, but the book description made me want to read the book. I mean, who doesn't want to know what dolls do when we're not around? Children who love to play with dolls and dollhouses (sadly, my oldest does not) will probably love this book. I have to say that I think little girls were more the target audience than boys. It's very creative and imaginative. It reminded me a little of the Toy Story movies with the toys coming to life. I hope you enjoy!

Rating: Borrow From Library/Buy it

No comments:

Post a Comment