Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pippi Longstocking Update...

Pippi Longstocking
By: Astrid Lindgren
We hope you've enjoyed week #1 in our Pippi Longstocking month! We would love to hear your feedback about this delightful series. Here is what we thought of the first book!

Rose:
This book was really really good! I was laughing out loud at all of Pippi's crazy antics. This would be a really fun read out loud story for a wide range of ages. I would say anywhere from age 6-12 would enjoy it.
I think my favorite parts were when Pippi went to school and when the burglars try to rob her house. It is also hilarious when Pippi goes to the 'surkus'.

Jen:
Pippi has been one of those characters that has stayed with me for as long as I can remember. What's not to love about a little girl who cleans her floors on brush skates?! Or fends off burglars by outwitting them, only to give them something in the end?! And who cannot love a girl who puts an end to bullying by throwing the bullies into a tree?! She's a girl after my own heart.

Pippi is the character you love to re-read and visit. Of course, every time you do, it's like you never left!

No comments:

Post a Comment