Saturday, August 14, 2010

Amelia Bedelia

Amelia Bedelia**
By: Peggy Parish
64 Pages
Ages 6-8

**this is a Step 2 reader book**

Summary:
Amelia Bedelia is hired by Mr. & Mrs. Rogers. They leave a list of things they would like her to do that day. What they didn't know was that Amelia has her own way of doing things. Be careful how you say things when Amelia Bedelia is around...

I LOVED Amelia Bedelia when I was a kid and I love her even more now that I'm an adult! She was such a wonderful character and I loved getting to revisit her. She is the house cleaner with the heart of gold who's heart is always in the right place, but doesn't exactly do things the normal way.

Take her version of dusting the furniture, for example. Instead of removing the dust from it, she dusts the furniture with dusting powder she finds-- though it smells nice!! Or when she's asked to draw the drapes. The Rogers' are trying to keep the sun out of a room, but Amelia thinks they want a picture of their drapes drawn, so she draws them one! What saves her from being fired, you ask? Her yummy lemon-meringue pie!

Children will love reading how she interprets things and goes about doing them. You can't help but chuckle and laugh! Amelia Bedelia is a childhood treasure and I can't wait to read her to my girls! I hope they love her as much as I did growing up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment